Buy The Navy SEAL Nutrition Guide on Amazon.
Buy The Navy SEAL Nutrition Guide on Kindle.
The U.S. Navy SEAL Nutrition Guide was originally developed for Navy SEAL trainees to help them meet the demands of Naval Special Warfare (NSW). This comprehensive guide covers all the basics of physical wellness with guidance on helping meet the challenges encountered in extreme conditions and mission-related activities Navy SEALS face. With a special emphasis on nutrition and healthy eating, anyone can benefit from these tried and true methods of reaching peak physical condition.
Topics covered include:
- Energy Balance, Expenditure, and Intake
- Carbohydrate, Fat and Protein
- Micronutrients: Vitamins and Minerals
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
- Fiber and Health
- Fluid Replacement: Water and Other Beverages
- Healthy Snacking
- Restaurants, Fast Foods and Eating Out
- Nutritional Considerations for Endurance Activities
- Nutritional Considerations for Strength Training
- Nutrition for Optimum Mission Performance
- Nutritional Interventions for Mission Recovery
- Foods for the Field: Military and Other Rations
- Nutritional Considerations for Adverse Conditions
- Ergogenic Agents – Looking for “The Edge”
- Ergolytic Agents – “Going Backwards”
Compiled by physicians and physiologists familiar with the NSW and SEAL community, this manual is an excellent resource for anyone who wants to gain strength, improve health and nutrition, and create better well-being.