by Department of the Army
Combined Arms Operations in Urban Terrain includes over 600 detailed pages of instruction on urban combat tactics and techniques with text and illustrations. While Urban Operations (UO) are not new to the U.S. Army, our country’s shift from a rural to a more urban society and the resulting change in population concentrations, makes it likely that, in the foreseeable future, the Army may be engaged in operations that are intermixed with the civilian population.
This thorough manual provides tactical information and techniques on many topics, including, but not limited to:
- Urban Analysis
- Urban Combat Skills
- Offensive and Defensive Operations
- Sniper and Counter-sniper Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Employment and Effects of Weapons
- Obstacles, Mines, and Demolitions
- Employment of Attack and Assault/Cargo Helicopters
- Mobility, Counter-mobility, and Survivability
- Combat Support and Combat Service Support
- Stability Operations and Support Operations
You will not find a better urban combat book anywhere.