by Department of Justice (BATF)
This easy-to-follow handbook is for anyone interested in the business of importing, manufacturing and dealing in firearms. The book will be equally useful for firearms collectors who have questions about the application of the National Firearms Act (NFA). While this publication is not a law book, it is a reference book that helps the reader find answers to questions concerning the NFA.
Although the primary focus of the handbook is the NFA, it also covers provisions of the Gun Control Act of 1968 and the Arms Export Control Act impacting NFA firearms businesses and collectors.
Covered topics include:
- The definition of “firearms” under the NFA
- Registration of NFA Firearms
- Taxes Imposed by the NFA
- Qualifying to do Business in NFA Firearms
- Manufacturing, Importing, Exporting, and Transferring NFA Firearms
- Record Keeping and Required Reports and Notifications to ATF
- Penalties and Sanctions
- and more!