Lynda KingLynda King is a freelance writer who lives with her husband in a 19th-century farmhouse on a one-acre “mini-farm” in Central Massachusetts, where they maintain a large organic garden and a small flock of chickens. As a Girl Scout, Lynda learned “Always be prepared!” … and took that early lesson to heart. Today her grandchildren
PREPPERS: HISTORY AND THE CULTURAL PHENOMENON
The word ‘prepper’ seems to have burst onto the scene within the last 10 years, and has increasingly become associated with “fringe” extremists. They have been labeled by some as “domestic terrorists.” But is prepping a new phenomenon? Or is it a manifestation of a growing collective psyche that has learned, from traumatic events throughout our history, that preparedness is critical to human survival?
- For new preppers who think the worst is yet to come, this book offers a walk through history that shows the worst has been here before.
- For those who wonder why so many people are concerned about being prepared, this book will show that when the worst has made an appearance, those who weathered it best were those who were prepared.
- For those already familiar with history’s worst who think, “THAT will never happen again!”—this book offers a reminder of the Wall Street adage:
- “Past performance is no guarantee of future results.”
- For those who wonder what a prepper is, this book offers a look at what they used to be—and what they are today.
"From a newcomers perspective, this book offers a great overview of prepping in a realistic context. Very insightful read from a very talented author!"
- Rich Wales, Amazon Review